Easy Installation Guide
When working at heights please take the necessary precautions to avoid accidents.
- Prepare the installation site by removing all nests and other debris and thoroughly clean the soffit. Ensure the installation site is dry as wet or damp conditions can affect how the adhesive tape bonds with surfaces.
- Carefully remove the red protective plastic covering from the high bond clear double sided tape adhesive on the NestDivert.
- Push the base of the NestDivert into place on the soffit, keeping it tight against the wall, the fingers pointing down and away from the building. (as shown)
- Press the NestDivert in place for 5 seconds for the adhesive tape to bond with the surface of the soffit. (Adhesive tape is pressure sensitive, press out any air pockets along the tape for maximum bond)
- For angled eaves where the NestDivert are placed side by side, gently manoeuvre the fingers so they overlap with each other.
- For nesting areas which are hampered by down pipes, etc gently move the fingers so the NestDivert can easily slide into place.
When applying the NestDivert the surface to be bonded to should be: dry, dust and grease free and thoroughly clean. Avoid touching the exposed adhesive surface of the tape as this impairs its performance. The ideal cleaning method should incorporate use of a: solvent, such as: Isopropyl alcohol.
To attain the optimum bond strength sufficient pressure should be applied to the tape to ensure a good adhesive “wet out” on the substrates. This tape is a pressure-sensitive adhesive, and the best results are achieved with maximum surface contact under pressure.
Press NestDivert into place with sufficient pressure and leave for the bond strength to reach its optimum strength after 24 hours.